Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Feb 14th-Day 7 -Happy Valentine's Day

Wow, since I didn't start this challenge on Feb 1st, I had to go to my calendar to see what day I was on.  One whole week, day 7.  Although, really, I've only been working on the room for a total of 3 or so days.  I'm just having a HARD time finding the motivation.  It was a busy weekend with science fair finals for my older two, then a mad dash to make it to church on time where my son plays the guitar and my daughter was one of the altar servers.  Then Sunday was clean up day for most with a few errands interspersed throughout.  The boys were supposed to be cleaning up and the older of the two would, but he gets frustrated that his little brother isn't doing his part, so if someone is not in there supervising them and giving them specific tasks, their "cleaning" is just playing quietly and hoping mom or dad don't come in and tell us to clean.  LOL  Fine by me because I was busy working on other areas of the house to really do much with the boys room.  Given that I didn't do much, the boys didn't really mess up what I did all that much, with the exception of the little guy who was going through his toy box while I read to three of the kids.  That got me thinking though . . . my youngest loves to play while I read and I'm perfectly happy with that, as long as they're not loud toys.  So much more reason to get this room organized so he can play with the toys he has instead of messing up wherever he treads.  LOL

So, with Pandora cranking out my Adele station, I set my watch timer to 30 minutes.  I may have mentioned this in an earlier post, but when I set my focus to manageable time increments I'm more likely to get started and make great strides.  I do have to refrain from getting discouraged when I walk out of the room to the other messy areas in my home.  One step at a time.  :o)  I also find I can work with less discouragement and frustration when I zone up my area.  At the moment, I can't really say "I'll work on the floor".  There's just too much work that needs to be done so instead I said to myself, "I'll do this corner".  Embarrassingly enough the bags from Christmas were still on the floor and had not been gone through since the week of Christmas.  I managed to make it through two of those, which were not as full as I thought they'd be.  If I get around to it tonight, fine.  If not, I'll work tomorrow on one of the buckets full of toys.  Some days I just feel like all I ever do is declutter and I can't get to the real clean.  So glad for this challenge though!  This is just what I needed.  So, let me stop rambling and upload some pictures. . . later.  I've got to get up to school to help with a Valentine's dance that my son's class is hosting and my daughter/cheerleader will be performing with her squad.

This picture only took me 3 days to upload but here it is.  A clean and tidy corner.  Now to keep it that way. . . 

No comments: